Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29.03.24 at 13:59:27
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
splutter under 3000rpm (Read 2035 times)
clint(Guest)
Ex Member

splutter under 3000rpm
19.11.02 at 23:46:00

I have recently brought a xv920rh (non runner) that has been standing for two years. I cleaned the petrol tank out and stripped the carburettors (3 times)new plugs and new battery. have also changed oil. It starts fine but splutters under 3000rpm and it it feels like its coughing and poping through the air box then suddenly just over 3000rpm it runs fine.I thought it might be an air leak on carb manifold but put new gaskets on and its still the same. I'm running low on ideas now and am still waiting for my haynes manual to arive, so for now I am stuck with my dutch manual which is ok but technical jargon is in dutch and for me (English man) is a bit tricky. I'm hoping some off you guys with more experiance of these bikes might have a few ideas to throw my way. Thanks ....

Top of page
  IP Logged
derek(Guest)
Ex Member

splutter under 3000rpm
Reply #1 - 20.11.02 at 20:20:00

Check your jets. The drawing in Haynes of the carbs is misleading (it was for me anyway) and you might have put the main and pilot jets in wrong (like I did). If you've made this mistake the pilot will run very rich, but engine will run with throttle wide open. The series of fotos in haynes is correct.
Check the choke too.
Good luck. Derek

Top of page
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print