Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
19.04.24 at 06:25:08
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone in the united states own a xv920rh (Read 13489 times)
AARON L WILLOUGHBY(Guest)
Ex Member

anyone in the united states own a xv920rh
04.06.01 at 04:22:00

I have just bought a 81 xv920rh , it has 5600 miles on it . Im wanting to know if anyone in the united states has one . Ive only see two, Mine and one in a junk yard. I would love to talk to someone In the states who has one.By the way I only payed $600 for it.I would also like to get some customizing ideas, If anybody has any ideas, I would love to hear them.
                                    thank you
                                        AARON L WILLOUGHBY

Top of page
  IP Logged
chuck bell(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 14.06.01 at 03:40:00

there are a few of us. i know of a fella in lodi that has one.
would you mind going back to that one in the junk yard??? i need a headlight and a rt. side cover

Top of page
  IP Logged
Iain MacPherson(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 21.06.01 at 19:07:00

Hi I don't live in the US but in Canada and have'nt seen another
XV920R anywhere and have tried to get another headlight and have only found one listing at Power Sports Pro for the standard light as I need one too.  I am looking for a rear exhaust pipe too.  It also seems that the only way to replace the fuel filters in the taps is to buy the whole tap at Can$72.75 and I am so far up north that we don't have any local wreckers to go search through. I would also like to  correspond with any one else that has any information about customizing or improving what I consider to be a tremendous bike that now looks like it was 20 years ahead of its time looking at the new crop of what they call standards. I even think that Yamaha should build a new version V-twin power light narrow single rear shock decent forks and brakes enclosed rear chain (I come from England where this makes a lot more sense) I think that chain drive on a
v-twin is the proper way to go rather than turn the power through 90 degrees for a shaft and enclosed makes a lot of sense to me.

Top of page
  IP Logged
David Bethune(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 30.06.01 at 05:44:00

There are lots of these bikes around here(eastern Ontario Canada)and I am quite sure there is one at Woody's Cycles in Perth Ont. that was parted out.Also I think that there is a cycle salvage lot in Ashton Ont. that has at least one.  These bikes were very popular around here at one time, I still see the odd one for sale in the Bike Trader usually around $2000-$2500 dollars in what appears to be good shape.
My own 920 is pretty stock except for 2 into 1 pipe, Lockhart oil cooler,lower bars,etc.  the pipes are still available around here as I replaced the rusted out original pipes with stockers, then replaced them with the 2 into 1,which sounds WAY better.If I can give you any more help please let me know.  By the way,I bought mine new in 82 for $2500. and would not sell it for twice that amount. A very affordable exotic bike.

Top of page
  IP Logged
paul delacruz(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10.07.01 at 07:47:00

I have a  81 xv920, 15k orig miles, total stock. want 950.00

Top of page
  IP Logged
Randy Orvis(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 20.07.01 at 23:44:00

almost, I have a xv920rJ (mine's an '82 with J designation instead of H)  I bought it 4 years ago for $500, I put 8k on it the first year, then it started to run crappy, found out the cams were chowed. I still have it and I am working on restoring it, motor runs great now, but bike is apart for paint. I managed to get a brand new headlamp at our local dealer, they happenerd to have one sitting on a shelf collecting dust for several years.
RandyO

Top of page
  IP Logged
Stephen Grisanti(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 27.07.01 at 03:11:00

I've owned a silver '82 RJ for many years.  The '82 XJ650 Seca used a headlight shell 8" in diameter, same size as the 920.  I purchased one as a spare.  I know of a few 920s in junkyards, some of them more picked over than others.
    My bike has been enjoyable.  The previous owner fitted a Plexifairing and Krauser bags, and I've had to find a replacement exhaust.  It always starts, but sounds horrible doing it.  Needs a better seat.
Stephen

Top of page
  IP Logged
Dan Lamarche(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03.09.01 at 04:13:00

I own a 1981 xv920rh and know of one up the street that is
for sale.....I think he'd let it go for $ 500 Canadian. It's a really
weathered bike and I'm looking at it for parts.I've had many bikes and
this one seems to be the best all around bike I've had. Today's sport
bikes are too pricy for me and I wish you all the luck in completing
yours.

Sailbad.

Top of page
  IP Logged
ed cunningham(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 14.09.01 at 13:23:00

Hi, like you,it's lonely for us Euro pilots. I've only seen three in my life, and owned two of them. Presently have an 81 bought at auction from Grayboy Motorsports in Peoria, Ill. Have pix. -ed

Top of page
  IP Logged
Benoit Véronneau(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 18.09.01 at 03:32:00

Hi !  I'm the proud owner of a very well preserved XV920RH.  Here in Québec, I've never seen another one on the road but I know a guy who has one with 000 km on the odometer.  It's an ex-yamaha dealer who has never sell this one.  It is there, brand new, in his house, like a bibelot.  It has never been ridden !!!  He rode another one for several years.  He's a special guy and is not interested to sell it, even for 5000 $
I bought mine in may 2000 for 500 $ can. with 21 000 km. It is in mint condition.  I'm now at 37 000 km and it's a trouble free ride.  It is 100 % stock and that's the way I want to keep it if it's possible.  

Top of page
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print