Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29.03.24 at 06:38:28
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Year Model - Identification (Read 2597 times)
Pekka Hämäläinen(Guest)
Ex Member

Year Model - Identification
08.06.04 at 15:14:00

Hi,
I have a German originating TR1 here in Finland. I am seeking an "official proof" that the bike is build on -81. The frame (&engine) number is 5A8-001849. Based on Haynes Manual that is genuine -81, however the registration is still done in 19.4.82. Do we have any other "official" sources that could indigate that the number given above belongs to series -81?
The reason why I am asking this particular piece of information is that here in Finland it is possible to ask any vehicle up to -81 to enter in special "museum register", from year -82 onwards we have to wait several years more. And I want my TR1 into that register.
Thanks in advance.
BR
 Pekka

Top of page
  IP Logged
Roman(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 10.06.04 at 14:19:00

It is very likely, that it was built in 81. I do have the serial number from which on they changed to the new design: 5A8-006759, which was built somewhere before 1982-07-21. So if you assume they built an equal number of bikes per month, your low serial nr. unit was built in 1981, for sure. But maybe someone else can provide you with an exact figure, at which serial nr. the 81 production run ended. I can provide a scan of my austrian registration papers, which show the changeover serial nr., let me know.
Smiley Roman
Please remove the underlines on reply email!

Top of page
  IP Logged
Lars Sandström(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10.06.04 at 14:36:00

There were quite a lot of TR1. that were registrated one or two years after they were built. I'm sure the Haynes manual is right!

Top of page
  IP Logged
juergenrachow(Guest)
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 20.06.04 at 10:03:00

Pekka,
my bike has the registration number 5A8-001889, and first registration was end April 1981 - leads to the conclusion, that your one must also be 1981.

Top of page
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print