Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29.03.24 at 14:38:25
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Replacement Engines? (Read 3822 times)
miggyal(Guest)
Ex Member

Replacement Engines?
03.12.04 at 13:21:00

Hi
Could anyone tell me what type of engine will fit into a 1987 TR1. It is a chain drive and I am struggling to get hold of an engine.
What other type of engine will fit and how much modification is required in order to get it to fit?
Thanks for any feadback

Top of page
  IP Logged
John(Guest)
Ex Member

Replacement Engines?
Reply #1 - 03.12.04 at 19:17:00

Given that the engine is an integral stressed part of the frame I'd be surprised if any other engine would fit without some serious mods.
It is for this reason that I recently bought a spare TR1 motor off ebay, only cost me 53 UK Pounds, so they can be had, provided you aren't in a desperate hurry.
HTH etc

Top of page
  IP Logged
Lars Sandström(Guest)
Ex Member

Replacement Engines?
Reply #2 - 08.12.04 at 09:32:00

The chain driven engines that fit is the 980 cc TR1. (5A8) and some 920 models that was sold in USA. Shaft driven models (xv 750-1100)can be used if you can use the left side and the gearbox from the old (TR1)engine and fit them to the "new" engine. A rather big operation but maybe worthwhile if an overhaul is needed on the "new" engine.
An alternative is to see if it's possible to fit a swing-arm with the shaft drive to the TR1-frame. Has anyone done it??

Top of page
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print