Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29.04.24 at 10:02:44
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Treffen/Rally 2019 (Read 31153 times)
kniesie
TR1 Board Junior Member

Bike: TR1, XR, XT, XTZ
Re: Treffen/Rally 2019
Reply #40 - 10.10.18 at 11:33:07

...you've got to set your priority quite well.... someone still has to host the dog  Wink ....in France

Viele Grüße, Christian

Wir sehen uns auf dem Klingenring
Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Keith_Bennett
TR1 Board Newbie

Bike: 1984 TR1
Reply #41 - 15.10.18 at 21:27:26

I've noticed some apprehension about riding/driving on the 'wrong' side, so coming over in a group would be a good idea from a safety and confidence point of view - probably a better reason even than saving money... Those with more confidence and experience of using the right side (which is left, of course) could lead...

Top of page
Piepmatz
TR1 Board Newbie

Bike: yamaha XV 1100 Virago Bj. 1996
Reply #42 - 16.10.18 at 18:26:09

Ja, zusammen in einer Gruppe zum Treffen zu fahren hat für mich auch ganz stark den Vorteil, dass gerade zu Anfang alle ein bisschen aufeinander achten. Dann wird´s schon gut gehen.  Wink

Nach ein paar Tagen hat man sich ans Linksfahren gewöhnt.

Ich freue mich schon soooo doll.... Smiley Cool

Es ist, wie´s ist, nä...
Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Ali
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Bike: TR 1
Reply #43 - 16.10.18 at 20:07:16

Keith,
these apprehensions driving on "the other side" , it´s more or less a joke, Riders from GB have the same Problem on the Continent. You get used to it quick. Especially when you overtake and use both sides of the street. Only Roundabouts are funny,
Regards Ali

Top of page
hornschorsch
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Bike: TR1, SR500, XJ650-Turbo, RD350-YPVS, R[DG]500
Reply #44 - 16.10.18 at 21:03:43

I once drove on a german highway on the right lane, when another car slowly pully along me. when i looked over i could see a person on the left seat of the car, which was obviously asleep (or maybe dead?). "help, a ghost car" i thought and lifted the gas and let the car pull away and then i saw that it was a british car. The driver on the right sead was awake and had been covered by the B-pillar of the car in the moment i looked...

Gruss,
Schorsch

Fahrt so schnell ihr könnt, so lange ihr noch könnt!
(Uli Peil im XJ-Forum)
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Keith_Bennett
TR1 Board Newbie

Bike: 1984 TR1
Reply #45 - 30.10.18 at 19:30:15

I have no doubt - it's a fact that most riders from the continent are good riders - in lane discipline particularly. Roundabouts? Most Brits haven't got a clue... (I'm a professional driver and it pains me to have to observe their antics every single day - motorcyclists too)

Top of page
kniesie
TR1 Board Junior Member

Reply #46 - 08.12.18 at 16:30:18

Also, ich habe jetzt für den 14. hin und 18. zurück gebucht: Dieppe - Newhaven - 90€ Motorrad und ein Fahrer ....
Falls sich ja noch jemand darüber aufmacht. Von Newhaven geht's schön an der Küste lang. sind dann noch ca. 160km bis Pitton Thumb Up

euch allen schöne Weihnachtstage!!

Viele Grüße, Christian

Top of page
kniesie
TR1 Board Junior Member

Reply #47 - 08.12.18 at 16:35:26

....and by the way....I put on the Avon roadrider...I hope that they will find the "right"/ british side of the road.... Grin

Viele Grüße, Christian

Top of page
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Bike: TR1 & Vincent Rapide
Reply #48 - 09.12.18 at 17:50:34

Hello Kniesie

I have Avon Road Riders on my bike too. They have managed to keep me on the left hand side of the road so far.

So you should be OK. You are certainly in good company.

Regards
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Bike: TR1 & Vincent Rapide
Reply #49 - 21.01.19 at 19:06:29

Hello All

As you may be aware the UK are in the process of the leaving the EU. Or, they may not! Despite what the politicians are doing I am planning to host a rally.

So. I have checked and the current situation is that, if you are an EU citizen, you can travel into the UK using a EU identity card or a Passport. You can also ride in the UK using your European driving license and do not require an international driving license. I will monitor this closely and if the situation changes I will let you know.

I have arranged camping in our village close to the village hall. If anyone requires rooms, B&B (bed & breakfast) or hotel rooms please let me know and I will do my best to arrange those for you. My email address is: kdemery@btinternet.com

I look forward to seeing you all in August.

Regards
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print