Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
19.05.24 at 01:39:24
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Holy Exhaust !! (Read 668 times)
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Bike: TR1 & Vincent Rapide
Holy Exhaust !!
20.05.20 at 15:11:49

Hello All

I am in the process of replacing my rear header. Please see photo. The rusty one is circa 1985 the shiny one is 1982 ish. It looks like they made the early ones a lot better.

My right hand muffler appears to have three holes in it. Please see photo.  I want to check first and if the holes shouldn't be there I will weld them up prior to assembly.

All of the holes look like they have been drilled not caused by corrosion. Two of the holes are at the lowest point in the muffler and could be used for drainage. The small hole in the spigot appears to have been drilled but is at the top and couldn't be used as a drain hole.

Has anyone else got an exhaust they could look at and compare it with?

Thank you
Kevin

image001_002.jpg   Image_1.jpg   Image_2.jpg     Pictures below may be scaled. Click links or pictures for original size Click here for all attachments  

image001_002.jpg
Image_1.jpg
Image_2.jpg

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
nanno
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Ich mags halt gern
ned ganz so
original...

Bike: TR1, XT600, SR500-Gespann
Re: Holy Exhaust !!
Reply #1 - 20.05.20 at 15:53:09

The one at the spigot is not original, the other two are. If you look very carefully, you should find a hole at the lowest point of the left silencer as well. (On this kind of kidney for lack of a better term that extends to the front. At least my 1981 model did.)

Cheers,
Greg

Frei ist, wer frei denkt!

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Bike: TR1 & Vincent Rapide
Re: Holy Exhaust !!
Reply #2 - 20.05.20 at 23:06:53

Thanks Greg

I will seal up the hole on the spigot and put it all back together again.

Regards
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print