Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29.03.24 at 15:29:43
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Translation broken / Übersetzung geht nicht (Read 689 times)
Manfred
TR1 Board Administrator

Take it easy!

Bike: Yamaha TR1 '81 (bought September 1984 as new)
Translation broken / Übersetzung geht nicht
04.02.23 at 19:37:21

Just got the message (thanks Kevin) that the translation is broken. It seems that Google changed the scripts and therefore a JavaScript exception occurs. I'll have to investigate here...
--
Habe gerade die Nachricht bekommen (Danke Kevin), dass die Übersetzung nicht mehr funktioniert. Es scheint, dass Google die Skripte geändert hat und darum eine JavaScript-Ausnahme auftritt. Hier muss ich erst mal recherchieren...

Manfred

Don't ask me anything technical about the TR1!
I'm the computer guy, not the mechanic!
CoolCoolCool
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Manfred
TR1 Board Administrator

Take it easy!

Re: Translation broken / Übersetzung geht nicht
Reply #1 - 05.02.23 at 12:42:03

First resarch results: Google has cancelled the free translation service. I need to switch to the payed version and hope that the amount of translated characters each month will be way below the free contingent. And it requries to change the coding. ChatGPT helps a lot with this...
--
Erste Rechercheergebnisse: Google hat den kostenlosen Übersetzungsdienst eingestellt. Ich muss auf die kostenpflichtige Version umsteigen und hoffe, dass die Anzahl der übersetzten Zeichen pro Monat weit unter dem kostenlosen Kontingent liegt. Und es erfordert die Programmierung zu ändern. ChatGPT hilft dabei sehr...

CoolCoolCool
Top of page
nanno
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Ich mags halt gern
ned ganz so
original...

Bike: TR1, XT600, SR500-Gespann
Reply #2 - 05.02.23 at 14:35:07

Und wenn du einfach einen Button mit Link zu Google-Translate setzt und dem die dynamische URL mitgibst?

Der Service sollte ja weiter uneingeschränkt gratis sein...

LG
Greg

Frei ist, wer frei denkt!

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/
Top of page
Manfred
TR1 Board Administrator

Take it easy!

Reply #3 - 06.02.23 at 20:17:10

Schon geprüft. Das geht nur mit "vollständigen" Seite wie die "Legal" Seite. Das Forum läuft aber in einem HTML-Frame. Im muss mal prüfen welche Lösung am wenigsten aufwändig und am zukunftsträchtigsten ist... In einer Testversion läuft die Translation schon wieder. Schätze spätestens zum nächsten Wochenende geht es wieder.
--
Already checked. This only works with "complete" pages like the "Legal" page. However, the forum runs in an HTML frame. I'll have to check which solution is the least complex and the most promising... The translation is already running again in a test version. Guess it will be back by next weekend at the latest.

Manfred

CoolCoolCool
Top of page
Manfred
TR1 Board Administrator

Take it easy!

Reply #4 - 11.02.23 at 02:24:14

Now I implemented the standard Google translation. it should be available on any page. Click Select Language at the very top header line at the very right and select a language of your choice. To cancel translation again, click Options at the screen top-right and then Disable translation for this site. I tested it a while and I think it works. If you encounter problems which might be caused by this new feature, please send me a mail with a as much as possible detailled description of what you did and what happend which you did not expect. More languages can be added easily. Just send a mail.
Attention: Please clear your browser cache once, so that all new scripts and styles are loaded!
--
Jetzt habe ich die Standard-Google-Übersetzung implementiert. Sie sollte auf jeder Seite verfügbar sein. Klicke in der obersten Kopfzeile ganz rechts auf Sprache auswählen und wähle eine Sprache deiner Wahl aus. Um die Übersetzung wieder abzubrechen, klicke oben rechts auf dem Bildschirm auf Optionen und dann auf Übersetzung für diese Website deaktivieren. Ich habe es eine Weile getestet und ich denke, es funktioniert. Wenn du auf Probleme stößt, die durch diese neue Funktion verursacht sein könnten, sende Sie mir bitte eine E-Mail mit einer möglichst detaillierten Beschreibung dessen, was du getan hast und was passiert ist, was du nicht erwartet hast. Weitere Sprachen können einfach ergänzt werden. Einfach eine Mail senden.
Achtung: Bitte lösche einmal den Browser-Cache, damit alle neuen Skripte und Styles geladen werden!

Manfred

CoolCoolCool
Top of page
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Bike: TR1 & Vincent Rapide
Reply #5 - 13.02.23 at 12:42:01

Hello Manfred

I tested it and it works better than before.

Before I had to click on an item description, normally in German, to open the item then translate it. Now when I select the new language all the forum item headers are translated for me.

Thank you for the time and trouble you have taken to modify this.

Regards
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Gredner
TR1 Board God Member

Bike: Tr1, ´81, grün
Reply #6 - 16.02.23 at 12:05:14

Hallo Manfred,
Danke, gute Arbeit funktionert sehr gut.

Gruß Karsten
Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print