Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29.04.24 at 13:47:31
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Treffen/Rally 2019 (Read 31162 times)
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Bike: TR1 & Vincent Rapide
Re: Treffen/Rally 2019
Reply #60 - 16.03.19 at 19:05:00

Hello Tim

I hope you are well?

I have turned up three days early for the Channel Tunnel and they have charged me £20. On another occasion I turned up a day early and it cost me nothing. On the last occasion I turned up two hours early and they wanted to charge me £80. So, it varies. It just indicates that you are not locked into a fixed time and sometimes there is a low cost option for arriving early.

The Cross Channel ferries are always cheaper than the Chunnel. I have just done a price comparison and for a specific time and date it would cost me £65 on the Channel Tunnel and £50 on the PO ferry. I prefer the channel Tunnel because in my experience the loading time and transit time is much shorter. Well worth the difference in cost. However, if you want a two hour break in your journey and a chance to relax and have a meal then the ferry would be a better choice for you.

The Qudos hotel is right in the centre of Salisbury. From Pitton to your hotel is about 10kms. The public transport is awful as we are only a small village. Yes there are taxis. A motorcycling friend of mine is a taxi driver, I will let you have his number.

I look forward to seeing you and Natasha in August. Are you planning to go to Wales where you bought your bike from?

Regards
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
rantingsmith
TR1 Board Junior Member

Nothing worth doing
is ever easy.

Bike: TR1 - Basket case, XV920 Sidecar project, XV750SE 'The Flying Anvil' cafe/brat
Reply #61 - 17.03.19 at 19:28:05

Hi Kevin,

I would love to be able come to the rally. Alas I am unsure time and finances will allow me to get the Tr1 finished in time. I might consider coming on the Flying Anvil (XV750SE) if all else fails.

As I used to work some summer festivals in Wiltshire I'd probably use our old route, A272 then A303.

Cheers,

Rant/Tom

“Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iro
Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Reply #62 - 17.03.19 at 20:43:16

Hello Tom

You are welcome with your XV750. You may see others here.

Perhaps you could pick up a few ideas for your TR1? There are no TR1's the same.

Regards
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Desmo2V
TR1 Board Full Member

Bike: SS900ie Z 650F4  XV 1000 TR1
Reply #63 - 19.03.19 at 14:05:19

Hello Kevin,

I`m fine just a little busy on my job, thank you for asking.

I may try the tunnel this time.

I´m  actually considering going to Wales. Natascha prefers renting a house or a flat on or near the coast.

Unfortunately Tregaron is far off the coast. So we will propably spend a week in Cornwall after our rally.

Looking forward to see all of you in August.

Regards
Tim

Top of page
View Profile Desmotwovalve   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Reply #64 - 05.06.19 at 11:08:33

Hello All

I have updated the Rally info. (Thank you Manfred.)

Note: We can only use the Rally field from Friday to Monday morning. So, if anyone is planning to come early or stay late I will need to book you into the local campsite. It is very close to the Rally field, 500m, so not far away.

I look forward to seeing you all in August.

Regards
Kevin

« Last Edit: 05.06.19 at 19:07:22 by Manfred »  

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Reply #65 - 25.06.19 at 21:55:10

Hello All

We are less than two months away from the Rally. Can you please let me know if you are going to come. I need to arrange food for everyone.

Also, as stated above I can only use the Village Green from mid-day Friday to mid-day Monday. If anyone wishes to arrive early or stay late then they cannot camp on the Green. I have arranged a block booking at our local campsite. It is only 500m from the Rally site. I would suggest you stay on the Village Green for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights but on the Campsite either side of those days. Any problems please contact me. kdemery@btinternet.com

The Campsite is called the White Hill Caravan Park. Let me know if you want to stay there and I will pre-book for you. There is a map below to show how close it is to the Rally Site.

The cost at the campsite is £10 per night for a small tent.

I look forward to seeing you in August.

Regards
Kevin

Whitehill_Caravan_Park.jpg     Picture below may be scaled. Click link or picture for original size Click here for all attachments  

Whitehill_Caravan_Park.jpg

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Desmo2V
TR1 Board Full Member

Bike: SS900ie Z 650F4  XV 1000 TR1
Reply #66 - 27.06.19 at 13:43:26

Hi Kevin,

Natascha and I planned to come to the rally. Momentarily I`m not really sure whether I can join you all or not.

This is because I quitted my Job at Postbank and start with at the VR Bank next monday. As you know we planned our holidays around the event. This will definetly not be possible, because I can not take two weeks off on the second month working.

Furthermore I had a problem with the bike returning from the Cafe Racer Meeting last sunday that i could not take care of so far. So I don`t know whether this issue is a major one or not.

I´m really sorry for this, but I hope you will understand.

kind regards
Tim

Top of page
View Profile Desmotwovalve   IP Logged
hornschorsch
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Bike: TR1, SR500, XJ650-Turbo, RD350-YPVS, R[DG]500
Reply #67 - 27.06.19 at 13:47:29

Hello Kevin,

Annemiek, Axel Heil and i will be there. We plan to arrive on friday and stay till sunday or monday.

Just to be curious: Why isnt it possible to use the campground already at thursday?

Gruss,
Schorsch

Fahrt so schnell ihr könnt, so lange ihr noch könnt!
(Uli Peil im XJ-Forum)
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Reply #68 - 28.06.19 at 12:33:37

Hello Tim

That's a very poor excuse for not coming to the Rally! But seriously I do understand and hope you get your bike back together.

There is an alternative: You could take a flight to Heathrow and hire car to come to the Rally. Then I could lend you my bike for the weekend.

The offer is there for you if you would like to take it.

All the best.
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
kdemery
TR1 Board Senior Member

Reply #69 - 28.06.19 at 12:37:39

Hello George

I look forward to seeing you all here and thank you for letting me know you are coming.

The reason why we cannot use the field on Thursday is because to use the Village Green I have to hire the Village Hall as well. It would have made the Rally cost too high. Especially as I did not know how many would arrive on Thursday or stay later.

All the best.
Kevin

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print