Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
24.10.24 at 16:42:25
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greetings from Cyprus (Read 774 times)
Evripidis
TR1 Board Junior Member

Bike: xv250
Greetings from Cyprus
19.01.23 at 06:46:08

Hello all,

I decided to join to learn more about this bike and also to try and fine one to purchase.

If anyone can help me out in sourcing a second generation bike then I would be obliged.

Shipping to Cyprus has already been taken care of and the potential seller has to do nothing extra.

Have a good day, lots of reading up as it seems.

Regards,
Evros

Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Kroete
Ex Member

Re: Greetings from Cyprus
Reply #1 - 19.01.23 at 15:23:56

Hello Evripidis,

you have chosen a good time because at the moment there are much more offers.

My tip is looking at ebay-kleinanzeigen.de if you want to buy from Germany.

Or did you ask to see if international members here are willing to sell?

Kroete

Top of page
  IP Logged
Evripidis
TR1 Board Junior Member

Reply #2 - 19.01.23 at 18:30:43

Hi Kroete,

There are several but the trick is that most of them are not replying to any message. Most of the responses from kleinanzeigen will not accept a pick up from a shipping company. They want me to pick it up myself and pay cash in hand.

Also not many second generation ones, most of them are first generation.

Evros

Top of page
Kroete
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 19.01.23 at 19:21:36

Yes, second generation is rarer.

And the other experience you made is understandable.
Maybe someone other here can help.

Top of page
  IP Logged
nanno
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Ich mags halt gern
ned ganz so
original...

Bike: TR1, XT600, SR500-Gespann
Reply #4 - 22.01.23 at 08:46:23

Hi there - glad to hear you decided to commit yourself a bit more to the forum.

Given the problem at hand: Seriously, why don't you isolate a few bikes (for example in Bavaria) that look interesting to you, fly over to e.g. Munich or Salzburg rent a car for the weekend have a look at them, be very friendly to Sepp and visit the holy church of TR1 in Bavaria. Maybe bring your wife/girlfriend along for a bit of Southern Germany/Austria in the Winter kitsch, maybe have a spa day somewhere, buy a bike, pay it cash and then arrange something with the shipping company?

Sounds like a lovely Winter trip, could make the other half happy and you even end up with a quick holiday?

Cheers,
Greg

P.S.: Also if you're really nice to some of the people they may offer you a place to sleep etc.

Frei ist, wer frei denkt!

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Evripidis
TR1 Board Junior Member

Reply #5 - 23.01.23 at 20:03:20

Hi all,

Greg describes it very nicely and it could work out but at the moment things are a bit tight time-wise. New family memeber coming soon, other vehicles that I service need work. Other projects need sorting out including a roof over out head so not the best timing.

A commuter/cruiser like the tr1 would help me not only in a daily manner but in actually riding something that I like and would like to keep.

Evros

Top of page
nanno
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Ich mags halt gern
ned ganz so
original...

Bike: TR1, XT600, SR500-Gespann
Reply #6 - 24.01.23 at 07:07:05

Don't expect a used TR1 to work straight away. Depending on how much you really ride (almost daily all year round in my case), expect about a year to get your specific TR1 working reliably. If you're quick, you'll do it in 12 months.  Wink

What I am trying to say is: a TR1 is a very reliable bike, but especially when you get a low-mileage one that probably hasn't been ridden all that much, all of those little issues will come up very quickly once you use the bike (a lot). This is not meant to discourage you, but at least for the first year, you may want to have something bland and (relatively) modern to go along.

Cheers,
Greg

Frei ist, wer frei denkt!

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Evripidis
TR1 Board Junior Member

Reply #7 - 26.01.23 at 20:01:27

Hi Greg,

Nice one. Much appreciated.

I see what you mean. I kind of had this idea that a TR1 might be the wrong choice but the whole thing just got me fixated. It just did.
In any case if this takes too long I might have to get something of the last decade and settle until later on.

Best Regards,
Evros

Top of page
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print