Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
28.04.24 at 10:39:23
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
[Buying a Used] - Things to look for. (Read 3731 times)
Triwinger
TR1 Board Junior Member

Re: [Buying a Used] - Things to look for.
Reply #40 - 28.02.23 at 02:07:30

Part 2

Now, this is what I learned from my "honeymoon trips" to Bavaria, Saxony-Anhalt and the Netherlands:

• Motorbikes are an emotional thing. So, me as a buyer, I'm not able to judge the condition of a foreign bike correctly as long as I'm "hot and in foolish love with the new bike".
  • I can not identify all the weak points of a 40 year old bike only by looking at some bright and shiny internet photos. And even a visit at site and a test ride won't be able to tell me all the important topics that these old two-wheeled ladies keep in stock for us (well hidden...), even if we regard ourselves as true motorbike aficionados.
  • Instead of "showing me everything at the first date", the old lady will "show me everything later": Step by step, the bike will teach me everything about all the mistakes, sins, neglected services and other foolish operations that all the previous owners have left in it. And if those old mistakes are big enough, I might even be able to tell which of the former bandits had left it in the bike. (To me, discovering those issues seems similar to the work of a graphology expert or a police detective. Fortunately, that is big fun to me. Otherwise I might already have burnt those damned old bikes down...)
  • I have made this "archaeological surprise experience" with all the bikes in my collection. Therefore, when estimating the total budget of a future project in advance, I just double the asking price of an offered bike to get an idea of how much the bike will cost me in total.

A TR1 will be about 1.500...2.500 € in fair condition and about 2.500...3.500 € if it's a really fine one. Let's assume you find a good 2nd gen bike for 3.500 € cash. This means you will need at least 12 months (as Greg mentioned) to fix all the hidden surprizes. And after all that, it will have cost you about 7.000 € in total to have the „fine, well running and totally reliable bike“ that you wanted in the beginning. (Which means: After going through the bike completely, installing e. g. new tires, changing all fluids and so on. And replacing all the "usual culprit TR1 parts" that are broken after 40 years in most cases: exhaust, starter mechanism, cracked plastic parts, corroded cable harnesses, …)  And as soon as you have got your first riding impressions on the bike, you might also want to implement some personal modifications: Seat, handlebars, grips, mirrors, luggage rack, suspension, exhaust...

Again: I appreciate your passion for the TR1. Therefore I don't want to demoralize you. I just want to suggest: „Give your relationship to your upcoming TR1 bike a little while to develop properly.“ Because no 40 year old classic bike will be so kind to become a reliable commuter vehicle in the twinkling of an eye.

Puh - a lot of text so far. So, how to go on? Two proposals:

1) At the moment, a fine 2nd generation TR1 is offered here in northern Germany (about 80 km from my home): https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/yamaha-tr1-1000/2102195076-305-16679

Good condition (paint and so on). Mostly original. Only minor modifications (foot rests, handlebars) that could easily be rebuild. Asking price 4.000 € (not fixed). My offer to you, Evros: I could visit the seller and try to find out for you whether that bike (or another one according to your demands) could be a good and reliable deal for you. We could clarify further details via personal message. (This would of course be without any guarantee. As we all know: The 40 year old material can break down in an instant – even when having worked fine until yesterday.)

2) Maybe the next TR1 rally (in Waddeweitz/Germany in August 2023) could be a good opportunity to get your future bike prepared and fixed - by the knowledge and help of the rally visitors. My home is 70 km from Waddeweitz (where Tom/Popeye is located). So, maybe we could get your future bike to me or to Waddeweitz, give it a „full service“ there and preparing it either for shipping it to Cyprus. Or (even better of course) having it ready for your first TR1 journey (riding it from the rally in Germany to your home Wink ).

Evros, I would be happy if I/we could help you to get exactly the bike that you can "fall in love with". So, let's see what we can organize until summer Wink.

See you,

Triwinger

« Last Edit: 28.02.23 at 13:08:19 by Triwinger »  

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
nanno
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Ich mags halt gern
ned ganz so
original...

Bike: TR1, XT600, SR500-Gespann
Reply #41 - 28.02.23 at 08:39:31

Not a lot to add to this, aside from, I could offer you a testride on my daily TR1, which (quite humbly) is probably one of the best TR1s for this task as that's exactly what she did the last 3-4 years. Drive daily. That being said, you will not find one like this for sale, but I can point you at all the stuff that I addressed and that, if you intend to drive it on daily basis will most likely annoy you. And that's quite a lot.

If you have to have a mechanic fix those things, he simply won't do it, because he would probably not get what exactly you're after unless you do it yourself. (Also as you can see in some of my threads, this bike is literally the result of several years of ongoing "development" and fiddling...)

All of which means: Please, before just committing to a TR1, ride one... It's a lovely bike, but IMHO in stock condition, quite shite.

Cheers,
Greg
P.S.: There's an airport nearby.  Wink

Frei ist, wer frei denkt!

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
hornschorsch

Bike: TR1, SR500, XJ650-Turbo, RD350-YPVS, R[DG]500
Reply #42 - 01.03.23 at 09:59:16

Quote from Kroete on 27.02.23 at 20:40:22:
Klar, es steht auch jedem frei, sich anständig zu verhalten

Dann sei doch mal anstaendig und sei still. Dein Geschreibe ist unanständig und beleidigend blöde. Es gibt hier Vertragsfreiheit und es steht jedem frei etwas doch nicht zu verkaufen oder auf Anfragen nicht zu antworten.

Dieser Thread hier ist echt bald nicht mehr auszuhalten. Evros, oder was immer das ist was unter dem Namen hier schreibt, hat nun wirklich alle Tips der Welt bekommen, er sollte sich nun aufmachen oder jemand mit dem Geld schicken der ein Mopped für ihn kauft. DKProject hat ihm auch irgendwo geschrieben dass er dss Mopped wohl persönlich abholen muss wenn das was geben soll. Lass Du dir doch 4.000 EUR von Evros überweisen und kauf ihm damit eine TR1 und bring sie ihm nach Griechenland. Wie, keine Lust, zu aufwändig? Aber über Anbieter von Moppeds schimpfen die keine Lust haben auf komplizierte Verhandlungen in einer Fremdsprache mit einem ausländischen Käufer.

Evros kann schreiben was er will und versprechen dass er alles möglich offenlegen will, das kann alles gelogen sein. Nur ein Mann mit Geld in der Hand ist vertrauenswürdig.

Gruss,
Schorsch

Fahrt so schnell ihr könnt, so lange ihr noch könnt!
(Uli Peil im XJ-Forum)
Top of page
popeye
TR1 Board God Member

Bike: XV 920 RH, TR1 mit EZS, WASP TR1
Reply #43 - 01.03.23 at 12:43:47

ShockedMan Georg,

sag mal, hast Du heute morgen wieder Bullenblut getrunken ? ? ?

Wenn Dir der Thread nicht (mehr) genehm ist, dann lies ihn doch einfach nicht.
Du kannst aber auch jeden hier vergraulen oder erst gar nicht ankommen lassen.

Junge, Junge

T GrinM

Denken ist wie googeln - nur krasser
Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
hornschorsch

Reply #44 - 01.03.23 at 13:30:02

Stimmt es denn nicht?

Gruss,
Schorsch

(Uli Peil im XJ-Forum)
Top of page
Evripidis
TR1 Board Newbie

Bike: xv250
Reply #45 - 01.03.23 at 14:49:11

Hi all,

I write by my real name and surname which is pretty unique. You can check below:

1. https://cy.linkedin.com/in/evripidis-karseras-101
2. https://semacqsystems.com/#team
3. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=evripidis+karseras&btnG=

I am available to present any legal documentation regarding proof of identity plus bank account details (even balances if anyone is worried).

Cheers,
Evros

Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Triwinger
TR1 Board Junior Member

Reply #46 - 01.03.23 at 14:54:01

Hallo zusammen,

Schorsch, Du hast ja recht mit Deinem Hinweis, daß Evros viele Tips bekommen hat. Und ich bin auch zuversichtlich und sicher, daß er die beherzigen wird.

In meinem Beitrag hatte ich Euch ja schon berichtet, wie es mir erging, als ich die MT8 in Holland kaufen wollte: Als "Kaufinteressent aus dem Ausland" steht man dort erst mal ganz schön blöd da und muß gehörig um Vertrauen werben, um überhaupt erhört zu werden. Die Anbieter der Mopeds scheinen stets sehr besorgt zu sein, daß sie womöglich an einen "windigen" Käufer geraten. Andererseits habe ich ja nun selber die Erfahrung machen dürfen, daß auch auf der Verkäuferseite durchaus "Windigkeit" herrschen kann. Und wir alle kennen ja das Motiv, aus dem wir zuweilen unsere alten Fahrzeuge verkaufen: "Ach, die olle Karre lohnt nicht mehr. Mit der Reparatur soll sich getrost der künftige Besitzer rumplagen." Es ist also gar nicht mal böser Wille dabei.

Wir alle wissen doch: Niemand von uns ist perfekt. Muß also auch nicht jeder mit jedem können. Und so lange die passenden Deckelchen und Töpfchen zueinanderfinden, können wir da doch tolerant drüberstehen. Oder?

Triwinger

Joe-Bar-Team_Motorradfahrergruss.jpg   Salut_des_motards.jpg     Pictures below may be scaled. Click links or pictures for original size Click here for all attachments  

Joe-Bar-Team_Motorradfahrergruss.jpg
Salut_des_motards.jpg

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
hornschorsch

Reply #47 - 02.03.23 at 13:46:34

Es geht ja nicht um Verkäufer die betrügen. Evros hat hier zwei Threads gleichzeitig am Laufen in denen er nach einer TR1 sucht, insbesondere in dem anderen Thread sagen ihm eigentlich alle Beteiligten dass das was er versucht wie Scam aussehen könnte und das er wahrscheinlich auf die Art wenig Erfolg haben wird: https://www.tr1.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1674192591

Er hat nun alle technischen Tipps zur TR und alle Tipps zur Abwicklung des Kaufs bekommen, sogar Moppeds angeboten bekommen, aber er hat immer noch was und noch eine Ausrede.

Auch dass er hier nun Links von jemandes Firmenwebseite und Linkedin Profil postet, sagt nicht wirklich was aus, das kann auch Identitätsmissbrauch sein. Ich hatte mal so einen, der hat auf ebay in meinem Namen Computerzeugs verkauft, Geld kassiert aber nix verschickt, und ich hatte dann die geprellten Käufer und deren Anwälte am Hals.

Und jetzt kommt der Kröte daher und dann sollen die Anbieter, die kein Englisch können oder einer Anfrage aus dem Ausland nicht trauen, plötzlich Schuld sein. Aber Freund Kröte hat ja immer eine Art an sich, dass mir der Draht aus der Mütze springt. Vielleicht bin ich bald zu alt für so einen Scheiss.

Aber wie siehts aus, besorgt ihr beiden dem Evros eine TR1 und lasst sie bei euch abholen? Ihr könnt auch ruhig den Scheck über 10.000 annehmen und die Differenz von 5.000 dem Abholer in Bar mitgeben...

Gruss,
Schorsch

(Uli Peil im XJ-Forum)
Top of page
Kroete
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 02.03.23 at 14:46:15

Dieser Kröte stößt Dir jetzt hier ein letztes Mal Bescheid:

Es wäre fürs Klima im Forum förderlich, wenn Du anderen Leuten, die Du nicht kennst, nicht alles Mögliche unterstellst.
Das tut man nicht. Auch wenn Du jetzt daherkommen magst, ich kann sagen was ich will. Klar, kannst Dich nach Belieben daneben benehmen, aber dann lebe auch mit den Konsequenzen und motz nicht die anderen dafür an!

Probiere es mal mit Yoga und etwas Gelassenheit.

Du hast hier nicht das Monopol auf die Deutung anderer Mitglieder im Forum. Das ist eine Anmaßung.
Zumal wenn sie so misslingt.
Lies erstmal was die schreiben und denke drüber nach.
Und wenn Du nach drei Tagen immer noch was zu sagen hast, dann kannst Du das nach etwas Beruhigung auch in die Tastatur einhämmern.

Das hat auch nichts mit Alter und Scheiß zu tun, sondern mit grundsätzlicher Einstellung.

Dein pöbelndes Wiederholen suggeriert kein großes Reflektionsvermögen.

Aber dafür reden wir hier ja darüber.

Top of page
  IP Logged
hornschorsch

Reply #49 - 02.03.23 at 15:22:23

Nun sag doch mal, hast du schon ein Mopped für den Evros angekauft? Wann kommt er es abhohlen?

Ich sage doch nicht dass der Ecvros zwingend ein Betrüger ist, es _kann_ aber für die Verkäufer so aussehen als ob. Und potentielle Verkäufer wie der Dirk haben ihm im anderen Thread gesagt, dass er wohl mit Geld kommen muss und das Mopped abholen. Das steht auch jedem Verkäufer frei und das habe ich neutral gesagt, da musst du nicht daherlabern, es stünde auch jedem frei sich anständig zu benehmen oder nicht und somit dem Dirk und evtl. auch mir unterstellen wir wären unanständig. Mit Konsequenzen drohst du dann auch noch...

Gruss,
Schorsch

(Uli Peil im XJ-Forum)
Top of page
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print