Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
27.07.24 at 11:08:16
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie to the forum (Read 667 times)
gs58
TR1 Board Newbie

Bike: 1981 TR1
Newbie to the forum
06.07.22 at 10:51:56

Thanks for the welcome Manfred.  I am in New Zealand and have joined this forum to gather information, and there is so much here of value. I enjoy seeing other peoples projects, learning what obstacles they encountered, and how these obstacles were overcome. I have been working on my TR1 project for way too long, but I am getting towards the end at last.  

So far my bike has;
Yamaha FZ1 forks, wheels, brakes, handlebars, and handlebar controls (left side only)
K-tech rear shock
Motogadget M Unit Blue and M Lock
Koso instrumentation
Relocated K&N air filter
Relocated battery
Custom foot controls
Custom exhaust (the fourth one)
Dellorto 40mm carbs
And probably other things that I have forgotten.

The bike is currently being ridden on the road (and one track day) to identify any issues.  I want to get the bike finished before painting so at the moment I am getting a new engine built which will have a XV1100 crankshaft, Megacycle 258-x2 cams, and custom 102mm JE pistons.  I am looking for information on improvements to the oiling system, strengthening the clutch, and valves and valve springs.  There is so much information in these pages that I will never be able to read it all, so if you have any advice please let me know.

Cheers
Paul

Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Gredner
TR1 Board God Member

Bike: Tr1, ´81, grün
Re: Newbie to the forum
Reply #1 - 06.07.22 at 12:09:52

Hello Paul,
Welcome to the TR1 enthusiasts' forum, where you will certainly be helped with any questions you may have.
Regarding the oil supply, the oil pump of the XV1100 has a higher delivery rate and is also often installed in the TR1-Moror. It can also be changed with the engine installed. You will find a lot of articles on this here.

Gruß Karsten
Top of page
gs58
TR1 Board Newbie

Reply #2 - 07.07.22 at 10:02:52

Thanks for your reply already, and your recommendation.  I have heard that the XV1100 was a good replacement.  I will research the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Top of page
nanno
TR1 Board Extraterrestrial Member

Ich mags halt gern
ned ganz so
original...

Bike: TR1, XT600, SR500-Gespann
Reply #3 - 07.07.22 at 22:52:38

Hey there and welcome to the forum. Regarding the clutch, search for the 9-disk clutch. (best done via google and you should end up on my blog - not trying to lure you away, but that's where the English version lives, here in the forum you'll only find the German translation.)

Cheers,
Greg

Frei ist, wer frei denkt!

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/
Top of page
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
gs58
TR1 Board Newbie

Reply #4 - 08.07.22 at 00:24:08

Thanks Greg.  Will do.