Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
07.05.24 at 16:42:15
Home All forum attachments and linked/autosaved images Help Search Login Register Sprache umschalten für Gäste

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Nochmal dellorto PHM40... (Read 14250 times)
Loekm
TR1 Board Newbie

Egli Tr1

Bike: Egli frame Tr1 engine track only
Re: Nochmal dellorto PHM40...
Reply #20 - 16.01.17 at 20:40:35

Hey,

Did you guys Raf and Sepp get my PM?  it seemed not to work Sad

Best regards,

Loek

Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
RalfR
TR1 Board Newbie

Bike: TR1, UNO-Ducati 1100, CB77,CB 93, CB450K
Reply #21 - 17.01.17 at 00:22:50

Hi Loek.

I was busy with my lathe in my Garage. I had to fit the air funnel on the dellortos.
The engine should still work  with damped and filtered air.

You have got an PM.

Regards

Ralf

dellorto_mit_Rssel.jpg     Picture below may be scaled. Click link or picture for original size Click here for all attachments  

dellorto_mit_Rssel.jpg

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Loekm
TR1 Board Newbie

Egli Tr1

Bike: Egli frame Tr1 engine track only
Reply #22 - 01.02.17 at 12:22:11

Jihaa,

The story goes on. I scored myself a very cheap "broken" and incomplete BT1100 engine.... state and milage unknown, so i hope cylinders and crank are good for building a "fast" tr1 engine Smiley

I'll post some pictures soon.

Best regards,

Loek

Top of page
Email View Profile   IP Logged
RalfR
TR1 Board Newbie

Reply #23 - 11.02.17 at 18:21:13

Hi Loek,

a BT1100 is good engine to start a new build up of a race engine. You can use the lighter crankshaft, the cylinders (nicasil plated instead of sleeves) and many other parts depending on their condition. The pistons are o.k but not good for a high compression ratio. Then you need something special made. I think that Sepp has new pistons on offer ?

In my old TR1 crankcase I found that the outer rings of the main bearings have rotated in the crankcase bore. The race inner ring on the right hand side shows lots of frictional corrosion.  
I changed the right main bearing from ball to a roller bearing. But then you have to add a turned distance ring between race outer ring and the crankcase bore. Finally I used Loctite 648 to fix the parts together. Now the thermal expansion of the crankshaft takes place inside the roller bearing and not between  crankshaft journal and race inner ring. Hopefully......

I have now almost finished my TR1  and going to start/check the engine next week. Then the dellortos will work up for the first time.

Passungsrost.jpg   Lagerrost.jpg   Lagerzapfen.jpg     Pictures below may be scaled. Click links or pictures for original size Click here for all attachments  

Passungsrost.jpg
Lagerrost.jpg
Lagerzapfen.jpg

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
RalfR
TR1 Board Newbie

Reply #24 - 11.02.17 at 18:23:47

Here are the pictures with my roller bearing conversion on primary drive side.

Distanzring.jpg   Rollenlager.jpg     Pictures below may be scaled. Click links or pictures for original size Click here for all attachments  

Distanzring.jpg
Rollenlager.jpg

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Broodjesalami
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 17.06.17 at 22:22:51

Hi Ralf

How did the bearings turn out?
Thinking about doing the same on both side so I can use standard bearing sizes.
Yamaha asks ~130 euro per main bearing

Top of page
  IP Logged
RalfR
TR1 Board Newbie

Reply #26 - 27.06.17 at 20:26:06

Hi BS,

I am just back from about 3600 km holiday touring with the TR1 around Scotland and the engine still turns quiet round and round and round......
There are no suspicious particles on the magnetic oil screw so I believe that this conversion works.
My intention was not to save money but to have a controlled non-located bearing on crankshaft main bearing. As you can see on my former pictures there was a lot of rust on the old crank journal because of its minor bearing play. Now the inner race of the roller bearing is fixed with loctite.

First I thought that the 90.000 km plus were the reason for wear, but then I could see the same signs of wear on the XVS1100 crank with only 12000 km......
The roller-bearing is also not cheap, something about 75 EUR.  
The other ball-bearing on the opposite side has a close fit, was still fine and is in use now on the XVS crank.

Groetjes  Wink

Top of page
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print